Tripadvisor Reveals Fall Travel Index: For Americans, Florida's Recovery Bolstered by Improved Searches for Hotel Bookings
Outdoor adventures, which have gained popularity since the beginning of the pandemic, are continuing to interest travelers this fall. In fact, 61 percent of
Fall Travel Trends:
- Most popular:
Key Largo, Fla.?is leading year-over-year recovery in the U.S.this fall. While travel is still down year-over-year (YoY), the Sunshine State is home to several destinations that are recovering the quickest YoY this season based on searches for hotel bookings.
- Destination type: Domestic travelers are more keen to visit beach destinations, and are less interested in central city getaways. While
Floridaand Arizonahave always been popular destinations, there is significant year-over-year increase in travelers planning to visit this fall.
- Trip length: Travelers are looking for short getaways with 55 percent of fall travelers booking two to five night stays, and 36 percent booking short one-night stays.
- Last-minute travel: Fall travelers are booking more near-term trips, often less than a week in advance
- Safety first: Across the globe, safety remains critical. Sixty-eight percent of global travelers say safety and cleanliness of establishments are important when traveling locally.
"Among all of the disruption and restrictions this year, 76 percent of
Beach destinations across the
Key Largo, Fla. Key West, Fla.? Atlantic City, N.J.? St. Pete Beach, Fla. Myrtle Beach, S.C. Sedona, Ariz. Scottsdale, Ariz. Clearwater, Fla.? San Diego, Calif. Savannah, Ga.?
Other travel insights:
- Travelers are more budget conscious: Domestic travelers across the globe are searching for hotel stays less expensive than last year.
- While more travelers are viewing luxurious resorts and all-inclusive properties, campgrounds and farmhouses are recovering the fastest year on year.
- Traveling with your pet is an amenity with promising signs of recovery, and supporting the outdoor trend, hiking is recovering faster than any other amenities offered by hotels across the world year on year.
- Accommodation style: While hotels make up the majority of interest due to size, Bed & Breakfasts have shown continuously stronger recovery year-over-year. Quaint, romantic and charming hotel properties over-index in the
- Fall travel trends based on Tripadvisor platform hotel search and booking data for fall stays (
September 1 - November 30, 2020), ending week of August 24-30, 2020.? Tripadvisor Traveler Sentiment Surveyof 1,447 respondents in the U.S., UK, Italy, Australia, Japanand Singaporefrom August 31 - September 2, 2020.
Tripadvisor, the world's largest travel platform*, helps 463 million travelers each month** make every trip their best trip. Travelers across the globe use the Tripadvisor site and app to browse more than 867 million reviews and opinions of 8.7 million accommodations, restaurants, experiences, airlines and cruises. Whether planning or on a trip, travelers turn to Tripadvisor to compare low prices on hotels, flights and cruises, book popular tours and attractions, as well as reserve tables at great restaurants. Tripadvisor, the ultimate travel companion, is available in 49 markets and 28 languages.
The subsidiaries and affiliates of
www.bokun.io, www.cruisecritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com (including www.lafourchette.com, www.eltenedor.com, www.bookatable.co.uk, and www.delinski.com), www.helloreco.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk,? www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.seatguru.com, www.singleplatform.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com and www.viator.com.
*?? Source: Jumpshot for Tripadvisor Sites, worldwide,
** Source: Tripadvisor internal log files, average monthly unique visitors, Q3 2019
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tripadvisor-reveals-fall-travel-index-for-americans-floridas-recovery-bolstered-by-improved-searches-for-hotel-bookings-301124827.html